Day 11 - 13 in the Philippines

SEA TEACHER BATCH 6 AT TARLAC AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY
Day 11 in the Philippines (22nd of August 2018)




Today, Wednesday 22nd of August, I had to attend 4 classes. The first class at 7.30 to 8.30 in the morning, I had grade 10 Science at TAU Laboratory school for doing observation and being an assistant for ma’am Elaine. The lesson topic for grade 10 Science was Genres of Literature. In this Class while doing the observation, I also gave some helps to check students note and answers about the questions that ma’am Elaine gave during the lesson.  The number of students here is a lot. There are 50 students who study in this class.





The second class was at grade 11 Science which was led by my cooperating teacher, ma’am Sharoon. Her class started at 9.30 until 11.30 (2 hours) in the morning to noon. In her class, ma’am Sharon explained about Communication. Iduring her class, she asked her students some questions, asked them do some group discussions and at the end was the students were doing role play with the topics that have been determined. In her class, I was assisting students to prepare their role play performance and gave them some ideas about what they could do for their group performances.





The third class continued at Grade 10 A Science. Still with ma’am Sharon Michelle, in this class she discussed about the review of the definition of literature. This class mainly discussed about 7 standard of literature that includes Universality, Artistry, Intelectual Value, Suggestiveness, Spiritual Value, Permanence, and Style. Ma’am Sharon always gives the students many questions in order to confirm that all students understand about the lesson that is being discussed. At the end of the class, ma’am Sharon asked me to make some questions for students evaluation.






And the last class where I was doing the observation and giving some assistances was at grade 7 Science which is ma’am Faith’s class. This class started at 3 pm to 4 pm. The lesson topic for this class was Preposition. All I assisted in this class was I helped ma’am faith to check students’ works and encouraged them to come forward to answer the questions on the whiteboards. The total observation and assistance hours that I did for today was 5 hours. It was kind of tiring but I really enjoyed doing the observation and giving some assistances to the classes that I attended today.


SEA TEACHER BATCH 6 AT TARLAC AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY
Day 12 in the Philippines (23rd of August 2018)




Today is Thursday and I had 4 classes for doing assistance. The first class was grade 7 Agrihome that started at 7.30 am to 9.30 am (2 hours). This class actually belongs to ma’am faith. In this class, she explained the students about Tenses of Verbs and Voice Verbs. All I did in this class was helping ma’am faith to check students answer sheets and guiding students to practice the tenses.




After attending grade 10 Agrihome, ma’am faith, Ms. Hidia (my partner from University) and I continued to the next class that was grade 10 Agrihome. This class began at 10.30 to 11.30 am. In this class I did not give much assistance since the topic of the lesson was literature that was explained by ma’am Faith and all I did just was taking notes of how the class running and make sure the students that they followed the lesson and answered the questions from ma’am faith on the paper correctly. Since there was an evaluation in the last of the lesson.

 


Next class was grade 10/A Science which was led by ma’am Sharon who is my cooperating teacher. This class started at 1 pm to 2 pm. Similar to the previous class at grade 10 agrihome with ma’am faith, in this class I just gave a little assisstance because during the lesson ma’am Sharon had a lot material or content of the lesson related to literature that she needed to deliver to the students. In the beginning of class, I helped maam Sharon to prepare sthe instructional media that she used for teaching such as, setting up the TV projector. then, when the projector was set, I proceeded to my chair and got prepared for the explanation by maam Sharon. Since the literature topic will be my topic to do full teaching practice next week, I needed to take some notes for my teaching material preparation purpose.






The last class that I had today was grade 7 Science. This class began at 3 pm to 4 pm. During the class, I was helping my teacher partner, Miss Hidia to do her first teaching demonstration and correcting as well as directing students to do the teacher’s instruction. There wee almost 50 students in the classroom, and I needed much effort to keep the class following the lesson so did Ms. Hidia who was also teaching and instructing students at that time. Since they were doing some creative games for learning.



SEA TEACHER BATCH 6 AT TARLAC AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY
Day 13 in the Philippines (24th of August 2018)





Since today is Friday, I only had one class with ma’am Faith at grade 10 Agrihome. The class began at 7.30 to 9.30 am. The topic of the lesson that was discussed about Geek  mithology that tells about “Odysseus” and “Trojan War”. In the beginning until the middle of the class, I was helping maam faith to make sure that all students understand about the topic by checking their notes and asking some questions related to the topic that was being discussed at that moment.

There should be a movie about Trojan War and Odysseus for students to watch. But due to the technical error of the TV projector, the movie was canceled. And maam Sharon replaced the session by giving some questions to students about the story of Trojan War and Odysseus as well as giving them an assignment about writing the summary of the story and they must submit it on the next meeting. After that, the class was over.




After the class was over, all students did not go straight to their home, because there was like a Language Month celebration in the Hall of the school. The celebration showed performances by students from every class in Junior and Senior High School. All their performances must be using Tagalog or Filipino language. The performances were various, started from drama, accoustic, dances, and singing. The event was very interesting. This adds some new knowledge about Filipino culture to me. 

Share:

0 komentar

Summary and Suggestions

Summary and Suggestions Purposes of Practicum The purpose of this practicum is definitely for upgrading skills in teaching and gainin...