Day 1 and 2 in the Philippines

SEA TEACHER BATCH 6 AT TARLAC AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY      
Day 1 in the Philippines (11th - 12th of August 2018)





     Hallo, I am Rusdi Bastian Ilham, an English Education student of Mataram University, Lombok, Indonesia. I have an opportunity to do my intern teaching program in the Tarlac Laboratory School, Tarlac, Phillipine. This program is hosted by SEAMEO in collaboration with many universities in South East Asia region. This program is only for 1 month.

    My friends and I departed from Lombok to Kuala Lumpur on the 11th of August 2018. Along the way to get the Lombok International Airport was running smoothly. One of my lecturer who is also the coordinator for this project in my campus took us to the airport. My flight was at 8.30 pm and arrived there at 11 pm. My friends and I had to stay one night at the airport and my flight was at 8.30 in the morning. During my stay in the airport, there was a problem happening. Without we my friends and I realized, two of my friends' luggages were accidentally exchanged. We had to roam the whole airport to ask the staff for help. We needed to get all of our luggage back, to make sure there was no other similar problem happened. With long-tiring effort, my friends and I finally got back all of our luggage. After that, we decided to wait in the waiting room in the airport.

      In the morning, two of my friends and I off to Manila, while the two other friends had to stay and wait for their flights in the afternoon. Around 12.30 pm I touched down NAIA (Nuino Aquino International Airport) Phillipines safely. As soon as I arrived, one of my friend called our coordinator from TAU to pick us up in the airport. While waiting for the pick up, I also wanted for the other students from Indonesia who will also conduct their intern program at TAU. When all of us already arrived, we directly headed to TAU at 7.45 pm. On our way, we stopped by and had a dinner together at the first time at one of well-known fast food restaurant in Manila. After the dinner, we continued our way to dormitory of TAU. We're very delighted of having warm welcome from the staff involved in helping us for this buddy. We also had a buddy, named Lau, who will help us for conducting this teacher intern program. We' re also happy cause we are staying at one room of 9 students where we can share our stories and experiences to one another.

      This was a nice start at TAU. Can't wait for amazing things to come in the following days. And I will keep telling my stories in the Philippine on this blog.  thank you for visiting my blog.


SEA TEACHER BATCH 6 AT TARLAC AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY
    Day 2 in the Philippines (13th of August 2018)







     On the second day in the Philippines, my friends and I had to stay at the dorm in the morning because there was a bad weather and it was raining. And our buddy Mr. Lau told us that the meeting with coordinators of TAU this morning was canceled. It was good for us because we were still tired so that's why for all boys, were so happy hearing that information.

     But at 12.30 pm , some of my friends and I decided to go to the market. On the way to get the market, we met Mrs. Karen , Mrs. Christine, and two new friends, Renmark and Shiela. We were so happy to see them.  After that, we headed to the market, we needed to buy some rice, flip flops, vegetables, detergent, bread, and other stuff, we roamed the market together even though there was a bit of rain pouring from the sky, but we still enjoyed shopping together, there were new things that we could see in the market, one of them was Balut, that is one of the popular food stall in the Philippines. Balut is a ducks egg with special flavour. inside the egg there is ducks embryo that is what Phillipinos eat. for me and other Indonesian friends, its kind of strange to eat that kind of food. but we decided to try it another time. haha.

    All stuff we bought in the market are mostly cheap. we're so lucky because we got some Phillipinos with us. They were really helpful and they tried to bargain the stuff with low price.

      After we got all stuff we needed from the market, we then continued heading to a department store to buy some detergent and snacks. in front of the store, there is a store that sells sim card for phone. I bought my new sim card there and Mr. Lau kept accompanying me to have a new sim card. After that we were off back to the University Hostel.  But one thing special today was, it's my first time going to the market and getting back to Hostel by geepney, the local public transportation that Phillipinos have. its really fun because along the way to get back to hostel, we met a woman who was very friendly and we had long conversation with her, she told us about her experience when she visited Indonesia.

     After we got our hostel, we directly headed to the kitchen and cooked for lunch. we cooked and had a big meal for lunch. all students who stay in the dorm gathered in the kitchen and had interesting topics to talk about together. It was really fun.

Share:

0 komentar

Summary and Suggestions

Summary and Suggestions Purposes of Practicum The purpose of this practicum is definitely for upgrading skills in teaching and gainin...