Day 5 and 6 in the Philippines


SEA TEACHER BATCH 6 AT TARLAC AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY

Day 5 in the Philippines (16th of August 2018)







     On the fifth day, I started my first observation at grade 10 of Laboratory School of Tarlac Agricultural University. Before the observation, I had to go to administration building to fill a form for enrollment. This will enable me and other students of SeaTeacher and SeaTvet students to get Uni ID Card. this will also give us identity about University where were assigned at.

After finished filling the enrolling form, I headed to ELIA (External Linkages and International Affairs) to top up my phone credits and had brunch at Universitys food court. After brunch, I got back to the hostel to have Dzuhur prayer. Around 12.30 pm, I went staright to the College of Education to meet my cooperating teacher, Miss Sharoon.

At 1 pm. Miss Sharoon and I headed to the class. We had grade 10/A class today where I did my first observation and doing assistance. Then, Miss Sharoon began the lesson. She initially asked the students about the assignment that they got from the previous meeting. The assignment was about the definition of literature. Miss Sharoon kept giving chances to her students to answer her question in the beginning of the lesson. During the observation, I saw there were many students were enggaged to what miss Sharoon was talking and explaining about. I took notes during the learning-teaching activity was going on. I was so happy that I could get a lot of knowledge during my first observation in this class because all the students were so friendly and enthusiastic about the lesson theyre learning about. And I tried to ask them some questions about the lesson that they just got from class in order just to know their understandings and their enthusiasm about the lesson. 



SEA TEACHER BATCH 6 AT TARLAC AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY
Day 6 in the Philippines (17th of August 2018)








     On the sixth day in the Phillipines, my friends and I were invited to attend the flag ceremony at Indonesian embassy in Manila. Today was also considered as the Independence day of Indonesia. We left to Manila very early in the morning. Its at 4.25 am I think we left TAU. It took about 5 hours to reach the embassy office. It was a very long trip because we thought we would be there around 9 am. But the fact, we arrived at the embassy at 10 am. We were late because of the traffic jam on the road in the high way in Manila.  

As we arrived at the embassy office, we saw that the ceremony had already started. We were in rush entering the entrance, and we had to get through the body checking by the security guard for safety reason. After the ceremony was over, we had photo session with the ambassador as well as with his wife. 

After the photo session, we came into the hall to enjoy the opening ceremony and all the agenda within it. For the opening session, we enjoyed the Tari Merak performance on the stage and it was followed by other performances like choir performance, and Tari Saman perfromance. 
Other exciting things today were I had a privilage to meet and take a picture together with Mrs. Lily as the coordinator of Culture and Education at the embassy office, its our first time to have lunch and also we did Friday prayer  together with all embassy staffs and the ambassador. And the thing during the event was, the ambassador along with all staffs and guests were dancing dangdut together. It was really a fun moment. 

Unfortunately, not long after the traditional competition began, we had to leave beceause we did not want to get late to get back to our hostel. But before we left, we had said sorry for not being able to join the competition to the coordinator of the event who had invited us. But it was an awesome day because it was our first time celebrating the Independence day of Indonesia overseas.  




Share:

0 komentar

Summary and Suggestions

Summary and Suggestions Purposes of Practicum The purpose of this practicum is definitely for upgrading skills in teaching and gainin...